Thursday, May 19, 2011

Justice has been served

I'm sure many of you heard about the woman who was arrested for talking on her cellphone in a Amtrak silent car. This type of shit just drives me crazy, as I take public transportation almost every day and am exposed to rude, arrogant or ignorant people. That's why I got myself one of these handy dandy illegal cell phone blockers from China. (This American  site is expensive but look around the web and the Chinese sites are a fraction of the price) For about $50, you can enjoy a circle of silence around you. Sometimes I go weeks without having to use it, but when I do want it it is there for me. I am not a complete dick so I give people a minute or two to finish up their conversation before I use the jammer, as many people use their phone to make arrangements to pick up their kids and other important stuff.  I also will use my phone on the subway or bus but make sure after a minute to say, "I'm on the subway/bus, I will call you back later".

One thing I have noticed over the past few years of using this device is that  while most people I have to use the jammer on is women, the women seem to come from every ethnic background. It is just as likely I will use it on Mexican women on the bus in Sunset Park, a Orthodox Jewish woman in Boro Park, a yappy Italian/Greek on the express bus, or any ethnicity teenager anywhere in the city. I love watching the angry/confused look on their face when they get zero bars in the middle of an in depth conversation about some nonsense. I urge you all to get one today. They are also useful for teachers or anyone else who needs to command the undivided attention of a room full of people.



No comments:

Post a Comment