Tuesday, February 22, 2011

The $40 40 Oz.

Leave it up to the pondscum known as Williamsburg Hipsters to turn a staple of the ghetto diet into a piece of  "art". A 40 should cost $.99 to maybe $3.00 for the higher end malt liquor or beer. I never thought I would see the day when one could spend a minimum of $40 on a 40. I came across a flier at a bar on Friday, and although drunk, I thought I was hallucinating when I read about the MF Gallery's 40oz show. You know when they say starting at $40 they mean they set their price at $250. Then when the conniosseurs of fine art (i.e. other deck suburban assholes) see these amazing works of art and negotiate them down to $40 for something that has a street value of $2.50, they think they have accomplished something. This is a pic of some actual artisticaly designed 40's. They are so deck. I would pay at least $1,000 to have them sit on the nightstand I use as a coffee table that I picked out of the garbage on Lorimer Street:

It took me almost four minutes to make my own peice of 40 oz art for the show (see below), I will be selling it for only $645.

2 comments:

  1. THEY HAVE TAKEN A SACRED ITEM AND DEFAMED IT!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Update: check out some of the "Art" here:

    http://www.facebook.com/#!/event.php?eid=168378213210021

    ReplyDelete